For much of the year, we’re dreaming of summer – those balmy hot days, pottering about with friends and family in the park over a wonderful (let’s be honest, slightly scorched, BBQ) with a couple of cold vinos.
Summer lusting is something we all understand – the yearning to take it slow, spend time just being, eating an offensive number of snacks and drinking your own body weight in Pimm’s. So it’s exciting for all us summer lusters that the family and friends gathering has just been upgraded!
8th-10th of June, Tom Kerridge has organised an epic event: Pub in the Park
In our very own Royal Victoria Park!
Essentially, it’s a smorgasbord of posh nosh, a stonking market and live music. In Bath we often get good stuff, but Tom and his crew have upped the ante on this event!
We’re not talking mediocrity or bland, we are talking Michelin-starred food… not something often experienced in Vicky Park, in your shorts and sunnies
Here are some of my foodie highlights from the menus
It’s literally the who’s who of foodie world, in little pop-up restaurants.
- Beef Biltong Chilli with Montgomery Cheddar, Puffed Rice and Lime by Tom Kerridge, The Hand & Flowers/ The Coach
- Jamon Croquettas or Duroc Pork Ribs by Peter Sanchez- Iglesias, Paco Tapas
- Tuscan Sausage, Fennel & Pea Ragu by Angela Hartnett, Café Murano
- Fight Them On The Beaches (Great British Menu winner 2014) by Emily Watkins, The Kingham Plough
- Crispy Four Cheese Risotto, Truffle and Madeira Mayo & Spring Onion by Paul Ainsworth, Paul Ainsworth Restaurants
- BBQ Ox Heart Salad by Josh Eggleton, The Pony and Trap
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the incredible food on offer, or even all the chefs!!! As an avid foodie, this is literally my current bucket list of chefs!
The excitement at wandering from stand to stand, sampling the finest food in the UK right now, it’s almost unbearably exciting… I’m going to have to upsize my trousers and bank balance.
I don’t know about you, but outrageously good food is always worth it!
If, like me, you’re bit of a celebrity chef geek, you can see the chefs in person – performing at the chef’s demo tents.
- Friday Night: Angela Hartnett, Peter Sanchez- Iglesias and Michael Caines (Buy tickets)
- Saturday Day: Andrew Pern, our very own Ping Coombes and the nicest man in cookery Paul Ainsworth (sold out)
- Saturday Evening: Stephen Terry, Candice Brown and Josh Eggleton (Buy Tickets)
- Sunday Day: Emily Watkins and Josh Eggleton (Buy Tickets)
- Sunday Night: Candice Brown and Paul Ainsworth (Buy Tickets)
Or if you’re feeling very eager, you can purchase VIP tickets and meet them in person… ooooohhhh!
What I love about Pub in the Park is its focus on EXCEPTIONAL food, putting chefs and produce at the heart of the festival.
At Taste of Bath, so many festivals approach me about getting involved – but provenance or quality just isn’t high on the agenda. Pub in the Park is putting foodyism at the soul of its offering…
Excitingly, we are providing all these fab celeb chefs with a Taste of Bath goodie hamper – showing off the best of Bath, profiling the producers and their wares.
We hope that by connecting these influential chefs with our producers, that we put Bath on the food map and increase opportunities for our producers.
- Tea Huggers (Combe Down) will be selling their exquisite teas
- Somerset Charcuterie (Wrington) will be showcasing their stunning cured meats
- Silver Swift (Chippenham) will be serving up their British-inspired low calorie curious cocktails!
There will be a whole host of producers from Bath and far & wide…
Gin, Cheese, Chilli Sauces, Rum, Pies, Cakes, Brownies, Cider, Beer and Chocolate! A specialist Artisan Market for you to roam in your flip flops… This is going to be 2 or 3 carrier bag kinda day methinks!
As a total foodie, I’m mildly interested in the music – don’t get me wrong, an event without it would fall rather flat.
So, it is with real excitement that I can tell you the food offering is going to be paired perfectly with an awesome line-up of live music acts, including Tom Odell, Razorlight, Toploader and Scouting for Girls, all taking the stage over the weekend.
Listening to live music, while sipping on a perfect Pimm’s, does it get better than that?
Just think, world class live music, with Michelin starred food, celebrity chefs, incredible artisan food…
All in our local park.
You can win a Taste of Bath Luxury Hamper worth £110!
‘Quite simply, all of Bath’s most mouth-watering food & drink in one beautiful package’
T&C’s apply: All entrants must be 18 and over. Entries will close on Wednesday 8th June. If you are drawn as the winner, you will be contacted via email.
Love competitions likes this???